Defend Australia from global threats and advance our national interests through the provision of foreign signals intelligence, cyber security and offensive cyber operations, as directed by Government.
We are a world-leading intelligence and cyber security agency, enabled by talented dedicated people, leading-edge capabilities, strong partnerships, and the trust of the Australian public. Our role as both 'poacher' and 'gamekeeper' uniquely positions us to provide trusted advice and conduct intelligence operations.
- We provide unique capabilities and access that inform and make a difference. We excel in the collection and exploitation of data.
- We build world-class, innovative offensive cyber capabilities that deliver real world impact.
- We make Australia the safest place to connect online.
Our strategic objectives
- Deliver Strategic Advantage: Generate intelligence and operational effects to protect and advance Australia's national interests.
- Lead Cyber Security: Make Australia the safest place to connect to the online world. Foster national cyber security resilience.
- Support Military Operations: Enable the war fighter. Protect Defence personnel and assets.
- Counter Cyber-enabled Threat: Protect Australia and Australians by countering cyber-enabled crime and disrupting terrorists' use of the internet.
- Provide Trusted Advise and Expertise: Deliver timely, trusted and quality advice to Government, law enforcement, business and the community.
Our enabling capabilities
- People and Culture: Our success is based on the ingenuity and diversity or our team. We have an inclusive culture that values and rewards teamwork. We attract and retain the best talent.
- Technology: We use technology in innovative and creative ways to gain asymmetric advantage. We master technology to identify and disrupt threats, and protect Australian interests.
- Partnerships: We bring together our expertise and capabilities with those of our partners for mutual benefit. Respectful relationships and collaboration enable our success.
- Tradecraft: We give our staff the skills to solve challenging problems, and operate in the slim area between the difficult and the impossible.
- Governance and Risk: We act professionally, legally and ethically. We manage risk and are fully accountable for our actions. We are fiscally responsible and we promote a culture that values strong compliance and security practices.
- Leadership and Influence: The leadership skills of our people underpin everything we do. And our mastery of technology underpins our trusted advice to the Government and the public.
Our unique values
- We make a difference
- We strive for excellence
- We belong to a great team
- We are audacious in concept
- We are meticulous in execution