Pages on asd.gov.au conform to the following privacy guidelines.
When you visit this site, the following information is logged:
- the operating system and browser you are using
- your domain name (eg, .com, .au)
- the address of the referring site (the previous site you visited that linked to ours, typically a search engine)
- your server’s IP address (the network address of your internet service provider’s server)
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages you visited and files you downloaded.
Rules binding persons accessing data stored on this site
The staff who operate this site and/or access any of the data referred to above are subject to the Intelligence Services Act 2001 and privacy rules issued by the minister responsible for defence pursuant to the Act.
We will only record your email address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list unless you supplied it to us for that reason. It will not be disclosed without your consent.
Information provided by job applicants
All applicants who apply for jobs with ASD via this web site consent to the disclosure of their information to a third-party recruitment consultant. By applying for a position with ASD, you also consent to ASD notifying other members of the National Intelligence Community that you have made such an application. Members of the community are bound by privacy principles similar to those binding ASD.
A cookie is an electronic token that is passed to your browser when you access a website, typically used to store preferences.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites.