We are looking for a range of leaders to work in the Australian Cyber Security Centre. The Australian Cyber Security Centre aims to help make Australia the safest place to connect online and we monitor cyber threats across the globe 24 hours a day, seven days a week so we can alert Australians early on what to do.
To achieve our mission, ASD requires people with strong integrity and a mix of specialist skills, adaptability, imagination, resilience and creativity and we are looking for leaders with these capabilities to join our team.
Our leadership roles are across the spectrum of our business and include positions within strategic partnerships, key management, critical infrastructure, transformational programs, emerging technology engineering and the national cyber resilience exercise team. Due to the variety of the roles on offer, we encourage applicants to review all roles available within the campaign and submit an application for the roles they are interested in.
Applications close 24 February 2020
1. Technical Director - Government
As Technical Director of the Government section you will lead and shape ASD’s technical expertise and direction to deliver cyber security impact and services to a diverse range of Federal, State and Territory Government clients. You will apply your expert knowledge through hands on security assessments, penetration testing, and blue team activities and lead the strategic delivery of these ASD services.
If you have a passion to directly see real world impact and change from your work, and your skills align with the following, this could be the job for you:
- You know how a contemporary hacker exploits software and computer networks.
- You know modern technical mitigations required to stop a hacker, and will think outside of traditional solutions to draw on your expertise and develop new guidance.
- You apply your experience to assess technical risk and identify technical and policy mitigations.
- You can scope and lead complex vulnerability assessments and penetration testing of contemporary enterprise software and ICT systems.
2. Technical Director – Critical Infrastructure
As Technical Director of the Critical infrastructure Section you will lead and shape ASD’s technical expertise and direction to deliver cyber security impact and services to a diverse range of Critical Infrastructure clients and systems of national significance.
You will apply your expert knowledge through hands on security assessments, penetration testing, and blue team activities and lead the strategic delivery of these ASD services.
If you have a passion to directly see an impact and change from your work to secure critical infrastructure, and your skills align with the following, this could be the job for you:
- You will have a sound knowledge of both information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) environments, and an understanding of contemporary control systems and their context in Australia’s critical infrastructure.
- You have a good understanding of the tools and techniques use by hackers to target both the operational and information technology used in Australia’s critical infrastructure.
- You can scope and lead complex vulnerability assessments and/or penetration testing of contemporary IT and OT systems.
- You enjoy applying your experience to assess technical risk and identify technical and policy mitigations.
3. Technical Director – Cyber Security Guidelines and Programs
As Technical Director of the Cyber Security Guidelines and Programs you will lead and shape ASD’s technical expertise and direction to deliver cyber security impact and services to a diverse range of whole-of economy customers; industry, small medium business and government. You will apply your expert knowledge to develop, enhance and deliver ASD’s premier cyber security products, guidelines and principles, including the Information Security Manual.
If you have a passion to see your expertise directly contribute to worldwide recognised expert cyber security guidance, this is the job for you. Your expertise will include:
- Good understanding of the tools and techniques use by adversaries to compromise modern software and systems.
- Highly developed spoken and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical cyber security issues to a ranges of audiences and stakeholders.
- Significant demonstrated experience in leading as well as contributing your technical expertise to the development of cyber security policy and technical guidance.
- Expert knowledge of contemporary cyber security principles such as ASD’s Information Security Manual (ISM).
- Demonstrated experience in assessing technical risk and identifying policy and technical mitigations.
Applications close 24 February 2020
As a Contract Management Officer within the ACSC Program Management Office, you will be part of a team which provides procurement and contract management support to Capability Enablement Branch. The position requires high-level stakeholder engagement skills and the ability be able to build effective relationships with industry partners and with internal stakeholders.
You will gain a solid appreciation of how the ACSC generates capability using an integrated workforce, while establishing key relationships with senior ACSC staff members and industry representatives.
Applications close 28 February 2020