Now hiring Software Developers
Do you want to do things that most people cannot? Do you like to grapple with complex and unusual problems? Can you be counted on to find innovative and clever solutions?
ASD is looking for software developers with a range of experience, including university graduates and seasoned professionals, for projects in computer and network security contexts. We are looking for applicants with the ability to think critically, those who are able to communicate with both technical and non-technical people, and who are motivated to learn and develop their skills.
Your work will directly support ASD's offensive cyber capabilities – to disrupt, deny or degrade the computer networks of adversaries, including offshore cyber criminals, and to support military operations.
We will support your personal and professional development with on-the-job training and relevant industry courses and conferences.
This recruitment activity will be used to fill a wide range of roles within ASD and we are seeking people with experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- design and development in the C family of languages, Java or assembly code
- performance analysis and optimisation of software
- design and development using distributed big data technologies such as Hadoop
- application and data processing development in Python, including web application frameworks, user interfaces and automated testing
- operating systems internals, driver and kernel programming for Windows, Linux or other Unix platforms
- software vulnerability analysis and auditing, including code analysis, static analysis, fuzzing, reverse engineering, advanced debugging and vulnerability research
- mobile and embedded system design and development
- parallel or multiprocessor development, including GPGPU.
As part of this recruitment process eligible applicants will be required to undertake an online test to assist with team placement and assess their software development skills.
The majority of positions will be located in Canberra, with some in Sydney.
Read some of our developers' stories below.