As a specialist, you will receive training to use our systems and work across multidisciplinary teams. You may have opportunities to travel. You are encouraged to develop and redevelop your skills to keep pace with evolving priorities.
Cyber specialist careers
As a cyber specialist, you may be involved in:
- software design, development or support
- conducting, supporting and managing defensive and offensive cyber operations
- computer and information security
- cyber security vulnerability research
- cyber security assessments
- cyber security incident response
- malware analysis and penetration testing.
Foreign language analyst
As a foreign language analyst you will do much more than translating or interpreting. You will make sound judgements about the material you are dealing with, conduct follow-up research, synthesise material from different sources, add value and provide context. You may combine your LOTE skills with other areas of expertise to enrich your work. You will be working with a broad range of LOTE materials, from complex and technical to highly informal.
Of course we don't expect you to do all of that from day one. We will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed and develop into a skilled analyst.
As an analyst, you may be involved in:
- analysis of communication systems
- analysis of foreign signals intelligence
- developing capabilities to perform your analysis using software development skills
- developing new methods of analysing and exploiting data for intelligence or information security purposes
- investigating large and complex data sets
- offensive cyber operations
- preparing short-term or long-term information reports to government
- solving cryptological problems using advanced mathematical concepts