Do you have strong critical thinking and research skills, and the ability to present and reason your analysis in diverse forums?
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) intelligence analysts work in both our signals intelligence and information security divisions.
At ASD you will enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams and receive training in using our specialised systems. You may have opportunities to travel domestically and internationally, and will be encouraged to develop and redevelop your skills to keep pace with evolving priorities. We are committed to the growth of our most important resource – our staff.
Analysts work on a broad range of tasks:
- analysing foreign signals
- analysing communications systems
- interpreting foreign language material
- solving cryptological problems
- connecting intelligence from multiple sources
- developing better analytical techniques.
Are you someone with strong critical thinking and research skills, and the ability to present and argue their analysis in diverse forums? You might have a background in:
- arts or science disciplines with a strong analytical or research focus
- maths, statistics or physics graduates
- foreign affairs.
Your work will directly affect Australian Defence Force operations and Australian Government policy.