Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) intelligence analysts work in both our signals intelligence and information security divisions. Your work will directly affect Australian Defence Force operations and Australian Government policy.
Analysts work on a broad range of tasks:
- analysing foreign signals
- analysing communications systems
- interpreting foreign language material
- solving cryptological problems using advanced maths
- connecting intelligence from multiple sources
- developing better analytical techniques.
We are looking for people with strong critical thinking and research skills, and the ability to present and argue their analysis in diverse forums. You might have a background in:
- arts or science disciplines with a strong analytical or research focus
- maths, statistics or physics graduates
- foreign affairs.
You will enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams and receive training in using our specialised systems. You may have opportunities to travel. You will be encouraged to develop and redevelop your skills to keep pace with evolving priorities.
Analysts may join ASD as graduates or apply directly for positions advertised on Defence APS Careers.